It’s official! I am one of the 15 Advisory Board members of SMCEDU, pilule an education initiative ofÂ Social Media Club (founded byÂ Chris Heuer) focused on improving the quality of Social Media education in Universities and empowering its community of Social Media professors.
I have been following the Social Media Education chats ever since their first Twitter edition lastÂ November. During these 1-hour sessions, viagra educators, students and practitioners interested in social media education have asked and answered many challenging questions ranging from what a social media curriculum should entail to who (as in departments and people) should teach such courses. It is in these chats that I have received peer feedback for the Katho New Media course as well as found inspiring examples and case studies to use in my guest lectures, training sessions and workshops.
Today, SMCEDU has designated its board members and I am honored to be one of them.
â€œWith the addition of the advisory board, we will begin our work in earnest to produce a set of programs and materials that will support social media professors, universities and most of all students around the world,â€ saidÂ Yong C. Lee,Â SMCEDU Director.
Among the tasks my colleagues and I will have will be determining the priorities for SMCEDU, assisting in securing grants for its programs and identifying key insights for success.
Personally, I plan to actively advocate for more social media research that includes experimentation of free or open source software and for a wider adoption of social media in the general communication strategies of universities and academics.
A list of the board members and where you can find them is below. The official announcement isÂ here.
- Alex de Carvalho
- Terry Eberhart
- Twitter:Â http://twitter.com/Digin4ed |Â http://twitter.com/taeberhart |Â http://twitter.com/mccprofe
- LinkedIn:Â http://www.linkedin.com/in/terryeberhart
- Facebook:Â http://www.facebook.com/terry.eberhart
- Blog or website:Â http://web.monroecc.edu/teberhart |Â http://digin4ed.bridgecrew.net |http://teeconomics.bridgecrew.net/ |Â http://profe.bridgecrew.net
- Dawn Gilpin
- Vicky Hennegan
- Paul Hyland
- Mickey Mantas
- John McArthur
- Marcus Messner
- Twitter:Â http://twitter.com/@marcusmessner |Â http://twitter.com/@socialprofessor
- LinkedIn:Â http://www.linkedin.com/in/mmessner
- Facebook:Â http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=142595775776287&ref=ts
- Blog or website:Â http://www.marcusmessner.com
- Andrea Genevieve Michnik
- Andi Narvaez
- Dana Nelson
- Andy Petroski
- Twitter:Â http://twitter.com/@apetroski
- LinkedIn:Â http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andy-petroski/0/176/315/
- Facebook:Â http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=755429667
- Blog or website:Â http://learnev.blogspot.com/
- Steve Radick
- Corinne Weisgerber