- Adi, A. & Stoeckle, T. (2021) Future of Communications and Public Relations (PR). (Re)Imagining the Role, Function and Purpose of the Communication Profession. Panel Chairs. BledCom 2021. Panelists: Jim Macnamara, University of Technology Sydney (Australia), Irma Meyer, Executive Engagements (South Africa), Dalien Benecke, University of Johannesburg (South Africa), Dean Kruckeberg, University of North Carolina (USA) and Marina Vujnovic, Monmouth University (USA).
- Adi, A. (2019) A life in transition: reflections on how the past shapes our future (Keynote address). Thirty Years After – Post Communism, Democracy and Illiberalism in Central and Eastern Europe. Bucharest, Romania.
- Adi, A. (November 2018) Digital Stories of corporate volunteering and their role for internal communication and employer branding.Paper presented at the 7th European Communication Conference. Lugano, Switzerland.
- Adi, A. (July 2018) PR measurement & evaluation: the compass to navigate a VUCA (volatile / uncertain / complex / ambiguous) world“ and providing users with the skills to use it. Panel moderator. BledCom: A World in Crisis: The Role of Public Relations. Lake Bled, Slovenia, July 5-7.
- Adi, A. (July 2018) PR Memes and communicators’ perceptions and reflections of PR. Paper presented at BledCom: A World in Crisis: The Role of Public Relations. Lake Bled, Slovenia, July 5-7.
- Adi, A. (May 2018) Public Relations Practitioners’ Self-Perceptions: Activism as an Inexistent Concept. Paper presented at the ICA 2018 Conference. Prague, Czech Republic, May 28.
- Lwin, M. O., Adi, A., Macnamara, J., Tench, R., Moreno, A., & Zerfass, A. (May 2018). Missed Opportunities? The Rise of Social Media and the Lack of Dialogic Competencies Across Three Continents. Paper presented at the ICA 2018 Preconference Diverse Voices: Authentic Communication, Dialogue, Trust, and Society. Prague, Czech Republic, May 24.
- Adi, A. & Ioan, A. (January 2018) Rezist (Anti-)Corruption in Romania 2017. Rumanische Kulturtagen. Friedrich-Schiller Universitat Jena, January 31.
- Adi, A (September 2017 – keynote) Re-imagining CSR. 6th International Conference on Social Responsibility, Ethics and Sustainable Business. HTW, Berlin, Germany.
- Adi, A., Gerodimos, R., and Lilleker, D. (November 2016) “Yes We Vote”. Civic Mobilisation and Impulsive Engagement on Instagram During the 2014 Romanian Election. ECREA 2016. Prague, Czech Republic.
- Adi, A., Crisan, C., and Dinca, R. (October 2015) And then a hero comes along – Empowerment storytelling and its powerful brand impact. Strategica International Academic Conference. Faculty of Management, National University of Political Studies and Public Administration, Bucharest, Romania.
- Adi, A. (September 2015) #publicrelations on Twitter: pushers, talkers, influencers on spamming PR and job hunting. Qualitative Research in Communication 2015. National University of Political Studies and Public Administration, Bucharest, Romania.
- Adi, A., Gerodimos, R. and Lilleker, D. (June 2015) Visualising Discourse: Civic mobilisation on Instagram during the 2014 Romanian Presidential elections. Political Discourse: Multidisciplinary Approaches, 26-27 June 2015, University College London, UK.
- Cheregi, B. & Adi, A. ( July 2015) The Visual Framing of Romanian migrants in the national press. A social semiotic approach.Understanding Transition III, Technique and technology in social and intercultural practices.1-3 July 2015, Bucharest, Romania.
- Adi, A. & Hobby, N. (November 2013) Social media in higher education. Social Media in Higher Education. 1st Corporate and Marketing Communications in Asia Conference. Bangkok, Thailand.
- Adi, A. & Grigore, G. (November 2013) Digital reflections of pharmaceutical companies and their CSR communication strategies. 2nd International Conference on Social Responsibility, Ethics, and Sustainable Business 2013. Bournemouth, UK.
Lilleker, D. G., A. Adi, and K. Erickson (June 2013) Lords-a-tweeting, Lords-a-networking: analysing the behavior and impact of Labour Party Peers in the UK House of Lords, Political Communication Research Section session: PANEL: The public sphere in the networked media ecology: Intermedia agenda setting between traditional media and social media.
Adi, A., Erickson, K. & Lilleker, D. (April, 2013) Elite Tweets: Analysing the Twitter communication patterns of Labour Party Peers in the House of Lords. Twitter and Microblogging: Political, Professional and Personal Practices. Lancaster, UK.
Adi, A. & Grigore, G. (November 2012) Pfizer’s social media uses in Europe. MediAsia 2012. Osaka, Japan.
Adi, A. (September 2012) Bringing Practice into the Classroom: the evolution of a social media audit exercise. Media Education Summit 2012. Bournemouth, UK.
Adi, A. and Moloney, K. (September 2012) Communicating the Occupation. A comparison of social media and public relations in a national and local setting. Social media, Journalism and Communication Symposium. Canterbury, UK.
Adi, A. (June 2012) Media @ the Olympics: a history of visible changes. I Congress on History and Sport. Lisbon, Portugal.
- Adi, A. (March 2012) Social Media Tools for Internal Communication. Internal Social Media. Bucharest, Romania.
- Adi, A. (October 2011) Keynote Speech: Social Media Communication Strategy for Interfaith Dialogue, 9th Doha Conference of Interfaith Dialogue. Doha, Qatar.
- Adi, A. (October 2011) Research (with/of New Media) at the confluence of business and academia,1st Bahrain Tripartite Business Research Conference, Salmabad, Bahrain.
- Adi, A. (October 2010) Framing the Beijing 2008 Olympics: Human Rights, Advocacy Groups, International Media and the Online public, ECREA 2010, Hamburg, Germany.
- Jones, J. & Adi, A. (October 2010) The Twitter Olympics – Stories from the Closing Ceremony told by Athletes, Media and Activists, ECREA 2010, Hamburg, Germany.
- Adi, A. (June 2010) The Fundamental Principles of Olympism: a mechanism for human rights promotion, Power Of Sport Summit, International Sport For Development And Peace Association (ISDPA), Boston, Massachusets,USA.
- Adi, A. (June 2010) Framing of the Beijing Olympics – sources, UK media and the public –, MeCCSA, Glasgow, UK.
- Adi, A. & Miah, A. (February 2010) The Olympic Games and the legacy of Olympic protests. Third International Sport Business Symposium. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Miah, A., Jones, J. & Adi, A. (February 2010) The Olympic Games and Web 3.0: Monetizing the Olympic Movement’s Digital Assets. Third International Sport Business Symposium. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Adi, A. (June 2009) A Framing Battle: Human Rights and the Beijing Olympics. Presented at Play the Game 2009. Coventry, UK.
- Miah, A., & Adi, A. (2009) Centre of the Online Universe: Liverpool08 European Capital of Culture, an Impacts 08 project, Presented at What do you get if you cross social technology systems with a) arts engagement & b) health?, Liverpool, UK.
- Adi, A. (November 2008) 3D Online Reputation. Social, personal and corporate reputation on Netlog, Presented at ICT Lyon 2008, Lyon, France.
- Miah, A., Adi, A., Garcia, B., Krug, K., Scales, R., Whannel, G., and Zhuihui, T. (August 2008) Panel Debate: New Media at the Beijing Olympic Games. Panel Debate presented at the Pathways: Critiques and Discourse in Olympic Research“ Ninth International Symposium for Olympic Research, Beijing, China.
- Adi, A. (July 2008) (New!) Media and the Olympic Movement, International Olympic Academy, Olympia, Greece.
- Adi, A. and Miah, A. (June 2008) Framing Beijing’s Olympic Bid: Human Rights Advocacy Groups and International Media. Changes and Challenges. China MediaÂ Today, London, UK.
- Adi, A. (March 2008) Framing China’s Olympic Games. National Olympic Academy. London, UK.
[…] Conference presentations […]